Tuesday, June 26, 2007

The Boys Turn 30!!!

This past weekend Matt and I met Matt and Sabrina Schlesinger and Luke and Gwen Bumela to celebrate all three boys turning 30! Luke turned 30 in October, yesterday my Matt turned 30 and in July Matt Schles will turn 30. So, to celebrate, we all rondevued to a secret location (kidding, kidding) to beautiful and environmentally friendly Oregon to spend some time together. It was a blast. We went to the body exhibit and got up close and personal with the human body, we ate together at far too many restaurants, we heard Sabrina and her sis Corrina sing karaoke, (well Corrina sang Karaoke, I think Sabrina thought she was leading worship...but, leading worship or not, she was the only one with guts enough to do it...her and Corrina...I think it's a Stratton thing!) we shopped, girls got pedicures, boys went to the fishing store, we went to beautiful Japanese gardens where we were told that we are helping erosion (what the?), we saw about 50 buck-naked people riding their bikes in downtown Portland (Sabrina's highlight, I think...) and most of all, we laughed, laughed and laughed. Matt and I had such a blast with Luke and Gwen, Matt and Sabrina. What fun friends! Thanks for the wonderful weekend.


7 comments:

Jenni said...

Happy birthday Matt and Matt! You are way older than me, I'm not 30 until February ;) Thanks for the update Mel

Steve and Alie said...

WHAT??? 50 buck naked people riding bikes??? And people think Washington is weird...

The Clarks said...

Happy birthday Matt! Gosh we are getting old :) It looks like you guys had a great time, what a wonderful way to bring in another year. Maybe you should plan a trip to sunny Bainbridge Island before he turns 31!

Tammie said...

Lexi loved seeing the picture of Matt on ther right. She got really excited and kept saying; "Matt got a fish mom"! Very enthusiastically! She wanted me to call and tell him he got a fish.
Then she kept wanting me to go back to the page - "Can I see Matt, Mom?"

Tammie said...

Now when she see's the picture of Matt, its "Yeah, I'm proud of him!" Let him know he has a big fan over here.

Sabrina said...

Yes, it was my highlight. I saw way more than I wanted to see! :) I think I got abs of steel from that weekend!!! All I have to say is....Funshway!

I love you Mel! Your friendship is so dear to me! I look forward to doing something again with you guys!

Mama Mia! said...

Feliz Cumpleanos Mateo! Glad to hear from you, Mel! Sounded like you guys had a great time! hey, go to my makeup blog - they're a great picture of you and Alie from their wedding! Love you and miss you!